So, the reason I haven't posted anything on my blog since easter is because I've been trying to organize the fundraiser for girls camp and boyscout camp. We decided not to do the annual car wash because it never makes any money, and we thought it would be much more fun to organize a 5K run! Well, I worked my tail off getting this together and all I have to say is- those kids had better enjoy camp this summer! In the end it really was fun though! See, I'm smiling. I think gathering prizes for the run was the most work and took the most time. We went around to local buisnesses and got donations so that we could give them away as prizes for our winners and have some fun things to raffle off to the losers. (just kidding, everyone's a winner, right!) Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised at how generous everyone was. We got some great prizes to give away, like gift cards to P.F. Changs, Cheesecake factory, Uno's, Hard Rock Cafe, a pass to the local bouncy-gym place for kids, a free massage, paddle boat passes... etc. I think we had about 30 prizes to give out, plus the food was all from local grocery stores. We also had to do the t-shirt design (Ammon did a great job of course), get insurance so we wouldn't get sued, advertising, and get permission from the local park where we did the race. The location was actually a really beautiful trail and I liked it, even though we had to drive an hour to get there. We had about 70 runners sign up and we made almost 1000 bucks. It was such a success in fact, that me and Ammon thought maybe we could organize another one as a fundraiser for the Posey family vacation fund.

We used high-tech stop watches and megaphones.

The two track boys in the front ended up doing the 5K in 17 minutes! I thought that was pretty amazing.

Our YW and YM doing their part of the "work."

The finish line crew. Like our high-tech finish line too.
Ammon ended up taking 2nd in the stroller-pusher division and we got a $20 gift card to the Hard Rock Cafe and some coloring books for the kids.
9 comments:
Look at you! Miss molly mormon mommy! I'm proud of you.
Congratulations on a job well done! That's what I call "going the extra mile" in fulfilling your calling!! Looks like it was a great success--and hopefully your youth (and their parents) appreciate all the effort you put into it!
I remember running a 5k with Ammon at BYU! He kicked my trash. Looks like he's still pretty tough...
WOW! I can see why you've been off the radar for a while! WHAT A BIG JOB!!! Like Lorie said, I hope they appreciate all the work you did! That is awesome!
That looks like a lot of work!!! But it looks super fun and I'm sure you did an fantastic job! And a stroller pushing race -- AWESOME!
The fundraiser was a great idea and I think it turned out really well!
Thanks for your hard work!!
I agree with Grandma Lorie - You did a wonderful job and really did go the extra mile in fulfilling your calling. Though it was lots of work you will have good memories of what you accomplished, and so will the girls that you helped. Love you guys.
That was a lot of fun. And work. I'll be there next year! Go Posey Power!
I love that they had a stroller pushing division, that is too fun! Way to go Ammon and Jensen!
Post a Comment