Of course we had to go to a Baltimore Orioles game! It was a fireworks night too! and we won!
Lots of swimming at the pool! Olivia taught Ryley how to swim and now she can go across and back without help!! Amazing what peer pressure can do.
This is an east-coast game called "Duckpin" bowling. It's almost the same, but you have a smaller ball and smaller pins. better for this kids i think. Olivia actually almost won, but Jess ended up pulling ahead in the end.
We met Grandpa Paul, Coleen, and Aly at the D.C. Zoo where they spoiled the kids with panda bears and cute T-shirts! Pandas really are as cute as a stuffed animal.
We saw the Joseph Smith movie at the D.C. Temple. I think it was my 6th time seeing it and I still cry every time. It's such a great reminder.
Our longest day was treking around downtown D.C. looking at the monuments and museums with 3 whiney kids. We did see the Whitehouse, the Washington monument and the museum of Natural History. That was enough for one day.
We love the farms around here. The countryside is so beautiful. Jessica spotted a half dozen houses that she wanted. Jensen's favorite part was the blueberries! Be glad you didn't see his diapers the next day.
I Looooove Blueberries! Even the green ones! We made blueberry pancakes, waffles, milkshakes, and even blueberry syrup...mmmm
We also got cherries at the same farm! What luck! Have you ever tried Cherry Jam? It's delicious, we made some. We also bottled 6 quarts because we had so many!
Olivia didn't bother putting them in the bucket, she just ate them.
We also took them to our favorite ice cream place called Tropicool! It has really good "gelati" and I found a new favorite flavor-- it's rootbeer flavored shaved ice with the vanilla soft-served. MMmmm.
We celebrated father's day,
Even me and Jess got to ride the zipper! My childhood favorite! and the boardwalk fries were amazing.
6 comments:
Holy cow!! What an adventurous group you guys are!! Sounds like a lot of fun though. I'm glad you finally caught up on some blogging!
That all looks like SO MUCH FUN: camping, touring DC, the carnival, the fruit picking...I got tired just reading it all. I bet it was so much fun to have your sister around and for the cousins to play together.
WOW! That sounds like an awesome visit! I love touring in Washington or anywhere back east for that matter! So much history! And the countryside is beautiful! Great times!
It looks like Ryley and Olivia are good friends. I can't believe all the berry picking you guys can do, it looks so yummy.
How fun!! I want to come visit you guys so bad!! And I'd love to do some canning with you again, those were the good'ole days...
holy moly i haven't checked your blog in a while. man how i wish we could visit you guys. we need to get all these kids together. by the way.. you and your sister have the most beautiful kids. seriously.
Post a Comment