Ryley turned 8 years old! We had a scavenger hunt activity on a trail by our house with all of her friends. It was a cool idea I found in the family fun magazine. They called it "letterboxing," but basically I took pictures, ahead of time, of all the places along the trail that I wanted to hide stuff and then hid the clues and a stamp at each place so they could mark up their notebooks. We were literally running to keep up with these kids. They were so excited to find the next clue! I decided I should do this every time we hike. There would be a lot lest whining, that's for sure.
Then at the end they found their butterfly trail mix bags to eat on the hike back home.
And finally, we ate the giant cupcake at our house when the kids were all worn out!
Then on Sunday, Ryley chose to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. A special day for our family. Even Grandma and Grandpa Posey and Ammon's little sister Amy made the trek out to Baltimore for the occasion! Everyone wanted their picture with the special girl.
And afterward, we all enjoyed Rootbeer floats in our tiny, cramped apartment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
CONGRATS TO RYLEY!! Thats so neat that everyone was there to see her get baptized! That is so special!
Yeah for Ryley! i wish I was as fun a mom as you!
Congrats to Ryley. We are proud of her. And what a fun birthday idea! I may have to steal it sometime...if I'm feeling ambitious :)
Post a Comment